How to Open Karur Vysya Bank Fixed Deposit Account
Updated on: Aug 30th, 2023
Opening an FD account with Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) is a prudent step towards ensuring financial stability and growth. Known for its long-standing history and commitment to customer satisfaction, KVB offers a myriad of fixed deposit schemes tailored to suit various needs.
Whether you're planning for a significant future expenditure, seeking to grow your savings, or merely aiming for a secured investment, an FD with KVB could be your answer. This blog'll guide you through the simple and efficient steps to open an FD account with Karur Vysya Bank, ensuring a smooth banking experience.
How to Open an FD with KVB
- If you already hold a Savings or Current Account with KVB, a Fixed Deposit can be opened using the below procedure.
- Using KVB Mobile Application (App):
Login to the KVB Application, Go to the Banking section in the App, Click on the Fixed/Recurring Deposits option, then click Open Fixed Deposits. By this, you will get an online form in which you will be required to select the FD tenure and insert the deposit amount. After filling out the form, one can submit the details and create an FD.
- Using the KVB Internet banking website:
Login to the KVB Internet Banking website and navigate to the “Personal” tab. Select “Fixed Deposits” from the menu and click “Apply Now. This will generate an online form in which you must select the FD tenure and insert the deposit amount. After filling out the form, one can submit the details and create an FD.
- If you are a new customer of KVB and do not hold any account, you can visit the nearest KVB Bank with the Original PAN & Aadhar and the soft copy of the same. The bank official will help you to directly open an FD without having any savings / current account.
- Also, there is an option to create a savings/ current account with the bank and then open an FD using a Mobile application or Internet Banking Facility.
KVB’s FD Eligibility Criteria
Any person in his individual capacity or more than one person in their joint names, any minor jointly with a major, can open a deposit with KVB.
Further, Sole Proprietary concerns, members of charitable and educational institutions, HUF, Clubs, Private Traders, Merchants, Agents, Professionals, Partnerships Firms, Societies & Corporates are also eligible to open their fixed deposit accounts with KVB.
One can start a fixed deposit with a minimum investment of ₹ 100
Documents required for KVB’s FD account
Banks require the below-listed documents for completing the Mandatory Know Your Customer (KYC) procedure before opening an account for its customer
- For Identification Proof – PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Voter’s ID, Aadhar Card, Govt./Defense ID card or ID Card issued by a Reputed employer.
- For Address proof - Aadhar Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Ration Card, Bank account statement, Letter from a reputed employer, Letter from any recognized public authority /local body, Income tax/wealth tax Assessment order
- For Date of Birth proof - Applicable for Senior Citizens & Minor only.
- For Senior Citizens ( any one of the following) :
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Service Discharge Certificate
- PPO in the case of Pensioner
- For Minors: Birth Certificate issued by Gram Panchayat / NAC (Notified Area Committee) / Municipal corporation.
Two recent passport-size photographs of account holders.
Note- The above requirements are waived if the customer is already an account holder of the Bank
When is the right time to invest in an FD?
One can invest in Fixed Deposits when interest rates are high or someone has retired and aims to have a safe investment.
Why should I invest in fixed deposits when other investment instruments offer better returns?
Investing in a Fixed Deposit is a liquid asset and can be beneficial in emergencies. For example, in a bear market, when equity investments are down and you need money, premature FD withdrawal can be more beneficial than withdrawing investments by incurring losses.
It is also a good investment to have post-retirement so that the money can be used in case there is a medical emergency.
Is the ₹ 5 lakh DICGC insurance cover applicable separately for every bank?
Yes, for such extreme situations, each depositor is insured up to a maximum of ₹5 lakhs (for both principal and interest). In case you have multiple fixed deposits with several banks, the insurance coverage cap is separately applied to the amount in every bank.
How is a tax-saver FD different from a regular FD?
A tax-saving FD has a lock-in period of 5 years. No premature withdrawals, overdrafts, or loan facilities are available under a tax-saving FD. Whereas one can have a regular FD for any tenure as per the choice of an individual, and they are eligible for premature withdrawals
How can I break my KVB FD?
Offline: Place a request at your nearest KVB Branch. This method will credit the amount to your account within 24-48 hours.
Online: Log in to the app or website and open the FD you want to break, click on Premature Withdrawal, and the amount will be credited within the same day.
Does KVB offer Sweep Facility for FDs?
Yes, KVB has a sweep facility. You can open a Rainbow Savings Bank account with the bank, of which any balance in excess of the minimum specified balance (in multiples of ₹. 10,000) will be swept out to form an FD at EOD every Sunday.
returns on FD
Lock in returns as high as
8.35% before they go down
Open FD in Top Banks
Top Banks FD Schemes
Understanding Fixed Deposit
Disclaimer: Wint Wealth makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the information displayed is subject to change and are provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended to or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. You are advised to make your own enquiries, consult a professional advisor and verify the information prior to taking any investment decisions. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of information contained on this website.