How to Open Capital Small Finance Bank Fixed Deposit Account
Updated on: Sep 5th, 2023
Opening a fixed deposit account in a bank can often seem like a daunting task, especially if you aren’t familiar with the process or requirements. But with the right guidance, it becomes a straightforward affair.
This blog will walk you through the step-by-step procedure to open an FD account in Capital Small Finance Bank. Moreover, we’ll cover the eligibility criteria and the documents needed, ensuring you have everything ready before you begin. Let’s dive right in!
How to open an FD account in Capital Small Finance Bank
- Visit your nearest Capital Small Finance Bank branch.
- Obtain an FD account opening form and fill up all the necessary details like name, contact number, address of residence, PAN, email ID, nominee name, etc.
- Fill up the deposit tenure based on your financial goal.
- Attach a cheque worth the deposit amount. However, you can also transfer the amount through internet banking.
- Attach all the necessary documents and the FD account opening form.
- Submit the documents to the bank executive.
- Once the documents are verified, the banker will provide you with an acknowledgement slip.
- Any individual
- Group of individuals
- Corporate or club
(Note: Only the resident individuals and Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs) can open a tax saver FD with Capital Small Finance Bank.)
- Proof of identity: Two passport-size photographs and any of these: Passport, Voter ID card, driving licence, Aadhaar card, and PAN card.
- Proof of address: Passport, Aadhaar card, and Voter ID card.
- DOB proof: Birth certificate, Voter ID card, PAN card, Aadhaar card.
What minimum investment is required for a Tax saver FD account with Capital Small Finance Bank?
The minimum amount required for investment in a tax saver FD account is ₹100 and multiples of ₹100 after that.
What penalty charges apply to an NRE term deposit account on premature withdrawals?
The applicable penalty charge on premature withdrawal in the NRE term deposit account is 1% for any deposit. Moreover, the NRE deposit should be with the bank for at least one year to earn interest on the principal.
Is the ₹5 lakhs DICGC insurance cover applicable on Capital Small Finance Bank FD?
Yes. ₹5 lakhs DICGC (Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation) insurance cover applies to Capital Small Finance Bank FD.
Why should I invest in fixed deposits when other investment instruments offer better returns?
FDs provide a guaranteed return on investment and are relatively low-risk compared to other investment instruments.
When is the right time to invest in an FD?
The right time to invest in a fixed deposit depends on the investor's financial goals, risk appetite, and prevailing interest rates. Generally, it is advisable to invest in fixed deposits when the interest rates are high and are expected to remain stable for the investment period.
returns on FD
Lock in returns as high as
8.35% before they go down
Open FD in Top Banks
Top Banks FD Schemes
Understanding Fixed Deposit
Disclaimer: Wint Wealth makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the information displayed is subject to change and are provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended to or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. You are advised to make your own enquiries, consult a professional advisor and verify the information prior to taking any investment decisions. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of information contained on this website.