How to Close IndusInd Bank Fixed Deposit (FD) Online
Updated 08 Dec 2023
In an unpredictable financial environment, liquidity becomes crucial. While Fixed Deposits (FDs) with institutions like IndusInd Bank promise attractive returns, there might come a time when you need to access those funds earlier than planned.
Whether driven by emergencies, investment opportunities, or other reasons, breaking an FD might be a decision you face. This blog provides a comprehensive guide on seamlessly breaking your FD with IndusInd Bank, ensuring you are well-prepared for such situations. Dive in to understand the process, potential implications, and tips to smooth this transition.
Breaking an FD at IndusInd Bank
Using Internet Banking
- Sign in to your IndusInd Bank online banking portal.
- Head to the 'Deposit Services' or a section of similar naming.
- Look for an option labelled 'early FD withdrawal' or something similar and select it.
- Choose the specific FD you intend to terminate.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to finalise the action.
Using the Mobile App
- Launch the IndusInd Bank mobile application and sign in
- Navigate to the section related to Fixed Deposits.
- Find and tap the option indicating early termination or closure of the FD.
- Pick the FD you want to close.
- Proceed as directed by the app's instructions.
In-person at a Branch
- Head to your closest IndusInd Bank branch office.
- Discuss with a bank official your wish to terminate the FD.
- You'll be handed a requisite form to detail the termination. Fill out and submit it.
- Be prepared to show some ID and possibly the original FD documentation.
- After processing, your funds will be transferred to your associated bank account.
Telephonic Service: Many banks offer the option to address service needs via phone. Dial the IndusInd Bank helpline and ask for guidance on FD termination procedures.
Do I need to carry any documents to break the FD at a branch?
It's a good idea to carry your ID proof and the original FD receipt when you visit the branch.
Can I break my FD online if I open it at a branch?
Yes, if you've registered for IndusInd Bank's internet banking, you can break your FD online even if it was initially opened at a branch.
Is the process of prematurely closing an FD different for senior citizens?
The process remains the same, but the penalty and interest rates may differ slightly for senior citizens.
Close FD in Top Banks
Top Banks FD Schemes
Understanding Fixed Deposit
Disclaimer: Wint Wealth makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the information displayed is subject to change and are provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended to or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. You are advised to make your own enquiries, consult a professional advisor and verify the information prior to taking any investment decisions. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of information contained on this website.