How to Close Jammu & Kashmir Bank Fixed Deposit (FD) Online
Updated 08 Dec 2023
Fixed Deposits (FDs) are a favoured investment tool for many, offering assured returns and minimal risks. Jammu and Kashmir Bank has long been a trusted institution for such services. However, there are times when unexpected needs arise, prompting the early withdrawal of these deposits.
If you have an FD with Jammu and Kashmir Bank and are contemplating its premature closure, this guide is for you. Here, we'll elucidate the steps and nuances involved in breaking your FD in the bank, from potential charges to the bank's specific protocols. Dive in to grasp the procedure and make informed decisions.
Closing an FD in J&K Bank
FD Termination Form
- Visit the branch to obtain the FD Account Closure Form.
- Fill it out, sign it, and submit it to the branch manager or designated officer.
- If the account has joint holders, all must sign the form.
Provide KYC Details
- Attach relevant KYC documents, such as PAN (which acts as an identity and address proof).
- Self-attestation may be required on these documents.
Hand over the FD Certificate/Receipt
- Present the bank-issued deposit certificate or receipt, which details the deposit specifics.
- Ensure signatures from all account holders on the certificate/receipt.
- Once verified, opt for cash withdrawal, cheque/DD issuance, or a transfer to another account.
Will I still earn interest if I close my FD early?
You will earn interest, but it is usually at a reduced rate compared to the originally agreed rate.
Can I close my FD online?
Many banks offer online services to break FDs. Check with your bank's online portal or mobile app.
How long does it take to get my money after closing the FD?
Usually, the funds become available immediately after breaking the FD, but it might take a few hours to a few days based on the bank's procedure.
Do I need to submit any documents when closing the FD?
Generally, if you're breaking the FD in person, you might need to submit the FD receipt or certificate. Online procedures might not require physical documents.
Are there any tax implications for closing an FD?
The interest earned on the FD is taxable. However, breaking the FD doesn't introduce new taxes. Still, TDS may be applicable if you earn interest above a certain threshold in a financial year.
Close FD in Top Banks
Top Banks FD Schemes
Understanding Fixed Deposit
Disclaimer: Wint Wealth makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the information displayed is subject to change and are provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended to or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. You are advised to make your own enquiries, consult a professional advisor and verify the information prior to taking any investment decisions. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of information contained on this website.