Top 6 Best Credit Cards for Luxury Spending in India￼
Premium credit cards are the doorway to a life of grandeur. If used strategically, they allow you to get a taste of luxury without having to blow your budget. Banks in India offer credit cards at competitive interest rates. Every other card comes with a promise of numerous offers and benefits attached to it.
With so many options available, we know it can lead to a lot of confusion. Comparing all of them and researching every card can be a daunting task.
To help you save time, we have compiled a list of the 6 best luxury credit cards that you can make your pick from.
|Credit Card||Joining Fee (₹)|
|HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card Metal Edition||12,500 + Taxes|
|American Express Platinum Credit Card||60,000 + Taxes|
|HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card||10,000 + Taxes|
|Axis Bank Reserve Credit Card||50,000 + Taxes|
|CitiBank Prestige Credit Card||20,000 + Taxes|
|IDFC First Bank First Select Credit Card||NIL|
Let’s know more about these cards in detail.
HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card Metal Edition
This is one of the most premium cards offered by HDFC Bank. It’s an invite-only card and has some of the most premium features attached to it. It comes at a joining fee of ₹12,500. It can be waived off in the next cycle on a spend of ₹10 lakh or more in the preceding 12 months.
It is one of the most sought-after choices for users who are frequent travelers and love to spend on lifestyle and dining. Some of the most prominent features attached to this card include
- Unlimited lounge access at airports in India and across the world for both primary as well as add-on cardholders.
- Unlimited golf course access across leading courses in India and selected courses across the world
- Complimentary Club Marriott membership for the first year. It gives you discounts of up to 20% for dining and stays across Asia – Pacific region.
- 5 reward points for every ₹150 spent
- Global personal concierge service that can be availed 24/7.
- Complimentary night and 1+1 buffets at participating ITC hotels.
- This card also offers one of the lowest markup fees of 2% on all foreign currency transactions.
American Express Platinum Card
This card comes with an annual joining fee of a whopping ₹60,000. Individuals with an annual income above ₹25 lakh are eligible for application. It brings world-class facilities to your hand in different forms of complimentary benefits, features and assistance.
This is one of the most premium cards for lifestyle and travel. Some of its prominent features include:
- You will receive the welcome gift within 6-8 weeks of payment of annual fee and upon spending INR 50,000 in first 2 months of Cardmembership.
- Avail access to top-class airport lounges like The Centurion, Priority Pass, Escape etc. across 130 countries globally.
- Get a discount of 25% on your stays at Taj, SeleCtions and Vivanta Hotels.
- Round-the-clock platinum concierge service for all your last-minute bookings and assistance.
- Exclusive invitation to VIP-only events.
- 3x membership reward points with no expiry date.
- Numerous insurance coverage like death insurance coverage, loss of checked-in baggage, overseas medical insurance etc.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card
This credit card from HDFC Bank is another addition to their premium credit card collection. Any salaried Indian adult with a monthly salary of more than 1.75 lakh can apply for this card. It has a joining/renewal fee of ₹10,000 per annum excluding taxes.
However, if a user spends ₹5 lakh or more in a span of 12 months, the membership fee for the next annual cycle is waived off. It is a classic choice for people looking for a card dedicated to enhancing their lifestyle and wellness experience.
Here are some of the additional features of this premium card:
- Complimentary annual membership of Marriott, Forbes, Amazon Prime, Swiggy One, MMT Black and Times Prime.
- Complimentary vouchers of Cult.fit live, BookMyShow, Ola, and TataCliq on a spend of ₹80,000 every month. You can pick 2 of your choice.
- 5 reward points for every ₹150 spent.
- Complimentary access to 6 Golf games across selected courses in India.
- Unlimited lounge access across the globe.
- Low foreign currency markup of 1.99%
- Numerous insurance covers including emergency overseas hospitalization, air accident insurance, and travel insurance cover for checked-in baggage.
- Special discounts on leading spas, salons and gyms.
Axis Bank Reserve Credit Card
The reserve credit card from Axis bank is another addition to the list. It has a joining and renewal fee of ₹50,000 excluding taxes, which can be waived off on a spend of ₹25 lakh in the preceding year. It is a card that offers value on wellness, health, travel and lifestyle all in one place. Some of the premium features and benefits that come along with this card include
- 50,000 reward points on card activation and renewal.
- 15 edge reward points for every ₹200 spent. The benefits double on international spending.
- A complimentary session and 25% savings on all health and wellness coaching plans.
- Exclusive savings on healthcare packages and pathology tests at Dr Lal Pathlabs, Metropolis.
- Referral-based global travel and medical assistance for safe and healthy travel.
- 50 complimentary golf rounds across leading golf courses in the country.
- 20% dining discounts on over 4000 restaurants across India.
- Memberships of Club ITC Culinaire, Accor Plus, and Handcrafted Club Marriott.
- Exclusive offers at Oberoi hotels and resorts.
- Unlimited domestic lounge visits
- 4 complimentary pick-ups/drop-offs to and from the airport in a year. 8 VIP airport concierge service.
Citi Bank Prestige Credit Card
This prestige card has been designed to add a touch of luxury to your everyday life. A person of age 21 years or older can avail this card if they have an annual income of ₹25 lakh or more. The annual charges of the card stand at ₹20,000 plus applicable taxes. Some of its remarkable features comprise of:
- 1 reward point on every ₹100 spent across the country and 2x if spent overseas.
- A welcome gift of ₹2,500 reward points and benefits worth ₹10,000 from Taj group or ITC hotels.
- 4th night free on your stay. This offer is valid only for participating hotels.
- Unlimited priority pass for lounge access across selected domestic airports.
- 4 complimentary rounds of gold and 4 complimentary golf lessons for the cardholder and one guest.
- Membership of one year for the Epicure Programme and Taj Inner Circle Silver Card from the start of membership.
- Complimentary overseas medical insurance and air accident insurance.
IDFC First Bank First Select Credit Card
This is one of the most budget-friendly credit cards to access luxury without having to burn a hole in your pocket. This card has no joining or renewal fee on it. It is a great choice for premium travel experiences, reward programs and lifestyle benefits all blended into one card. Some of its most remarkable features include:
- 6x reward points on online purchases and 3x reward points for offline purchases up to a spend of ₹25,000.
- 10x reward points for incremental spend above ₹25,000 and on birthdays. Reward points earned in any manner have no expiry and can be redeemed instantly.
- Buy one get one free offer on movie tickets.
- Upto 15% discounts on health and wellness benefits across 3000+ participating merchants. Upto 20% discount at 1500+ restaurants.
- 4 complimentary domestic airports and railway lounge access each.
- A cardholder can also avail of discounted airport fast-track immigration services across 450 destinations worldwide. It also has discounted airport transfer limousine service across 85 countries.
- Premium benefits across 900+ luxury hotels worldwide.
- Various insurance covers such as Air accident cover, personal accident cover and travel insurance cover.
- Prompt support and assistance of the concierge.
Credit cards have changed the way people look at personal finance. It is no more a piece of plastic that can only be used for making transactions. It has instead become a part of lifestyle for many. One of the cards mentioned above can be your access to that feeling of luxury you have been meaning to experience.
However, these cards come with strict terms and conditions attached to them that you must be aware of in advance. It will be wise to first analyze if they align with your personal finances or not before making any decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the concierge service on my credit card?
Concierge service on a credit card allows you to avail services of a professional assistant who performs tasks on your behalf. Some of these tasks include booking tickets to an event, sending a gift to your loved ones or anything else that you want someone else to do for you.
What is an invite only credit card?
As the name suggests, an invite-only credit card is offered by the banks on their own. They invite selected high-income individuals to become a member of their closed membership circle through these cards. One cannot simply apply for these cards.
What are some of the insurance covers I can expect on a premium credit card?
Some of the most common insurance covers include Air accident insurance cover, overseas medical insurance cover, travel insurance cover, etc. Depending upon the issuer, the amount of these insurance covers can vary from card to card.